“Across the UK pay cuts have damaged the economy and caused real hardship for millions of people.”
If pay had kept pace with inflation, average civil service pay would be £1,800 higher than it is now.
Across the economy pay cuts have damaged the economy and caused real hardship for millions of people.
- We are backing the TUC’s campaign to increase the UK’s pay packet and get it shared more fairly.
- We are facing the tightest living standards squeeze for nearly a century.
- The super-rich continue to see their incomes soar.
- Falling wages are hitting millions of people.
Read our report
Echoing our Britain Needs a Pay Rise report which generated a serious debate about the effects of low pay and government pay policy on the UK economy, the TUC is demanding:
- A properly enforced minimum wage
- Increased commitment to the living wage
- A crackdown on excessive executive pay.
Sign the petition to tell the three main party leaders Britain Needs A Pay Rise
Read more about our pay campaigning